It isn’t called beauty sleep for nothing! Using a few beauty products before going to sleep is a great way to freshen up your appearance while you get some rest. And best of all, it takes minimal effort. With a little bit of prep work, here are a few overnight tricks to incorporate to your bedtime routine to ensure you wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
1. Gradual Self Tanner… Nowadays it’s never been easier to give yourself a nice glow without ever having to expose your skin to harmful UV rays. Never underestimate how confident you can feel with a little bit of a healthy glow, especially now that the weather will soon call for showing off legs in spring’s dresses and skirts. Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer, $5.96 CAD, Walmart
2. Eye Serum… Sometimes even a full 8 hours of shut eye can’t cure dark eye circles. Fortunately, eye serums are great for rejuvenating the sensitive skin around your eyes and reducing puffiness and darkness. Bonus if you can find one with a little caffeine in it to really wake up the skin. Clinique All About Eyes Serum De-Puffing Eye Massage, $34 CAD, Sephora
3. Lip Balm…A few swipes of lip balm before bed will keep your lips hydrated throughout the night, leaving you with soft lips for when you wake up. EOS Lip Balm, $2.96 CAD, Walmart
4. Beauty Oil… Applying something like argan oil versus a face moisturizer before climbing under the sheets will give your skin some much needed TLC. After a long day of wearing makeup, exposing your skin to weather conditions and scrubbing it all off at the end of the day, your skin could use some serious hydration. Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Treatment, $68 CAD, Sephora
5. Hand Cream… Once I’ve gotten dressed and put on all my jewellery for the day, which often include multiple rings, I find it a huge nuisance to apply hand cream. It leaves your hands feeling greasy and gets all over jewellery. Why not make it easier and apply it at night and wake up with smooth, touchable hands. Vitamin E Hand & Nail Treatment, $16 CAD, The Body Shop
6. Hair Serum… A trick to tame that pesky frizz after a night of tossing and turning is to apply a hair serum or creme throughout your hair after an evening shower when it is still damp. Leaving it in overnight will help tame frizz, making it easier to style and manage in the morning. John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum Original Formula, $7.97 CAD, Walmart