Thigh-high socks instantly remind me of the fashion cult classic, Clueless. Cher really knew how to work a thigh-high and plaid skirt. Since the 90s the thigh-high socks have again seen a huge surge of popularity.
Thigh-high socks tend to look best with ankle boots and booties, with or without a heel. If you’re wanting to elongate your legs, choose the same colour shoe as the socks to create a continuous line. However, they also look awesome with over-the-knee boots, scrunched down. For extra warmth in the cooler weather, pair your thigh-high socks over sheer, patterned or coloured tights.
Here are 6 ways to style thigh-high socks & where you can pick a pair up to try out the trend for yourself:
1. Go for Boho-Chic… pair thigh-high socks with a loose, bohemian dress, bonus points is it has lace, eyelets or bell sleeves and top off the look with a wide-brimmed, floppy hat.
2. Make high-waisted shorts work for fall… Keep your gams warm and covered with thigh-high socks along with high-waisted shorts. Belt the shorts, tuck in a loose tank and polish it off with an oversized, boyfriend blazer.
3. Show off your silhouette… A voluminous skater skirt and thigh-high socks pair perfectly with a cozy sweater, fun necklace, chic handbag and lace-up ankle boots to show off your waist.
4. Totally Clueless… Go for a Clueless inspired look with Jeffery Campbell boot look-a-likes, a plaid skirt along with your socks.
5. Dress it up… Throw on your favorite dress, layered with a textured, luxurious cardigan and just show a peek of leg with your thigh-high socks.
6. Easy, Peasy… Wear your socks under high boots, so they peak out the top for an effortlessly cool detail to your outfit.