Like most girls, I have a lot of love for a stretchy pair of black leggings. Super comfortable, they just work with practically everything in my wardrobe. A great fitting pair of leggings can make you look like you’ve got legs for days (winning!). The key is knowing what to look for so that you can find a tailored and streamlined silhouette that flatters your figure in the best way possible.
Here are some things to look when looking for leggings with the most flattering fit:
- Look for a wide-set gusset in the crotch. A gusset is a piece of material sewn into a garment to further strengthen it. This creates a more tailored fit and silhouette.
- Choose the blackest pair you can find with complete opacity. You don’t want your undergarments showing through and the darkest hue will always make you appear slimmer.
- Seams that run up the back of each leg shapes and further lengthens the leg.
- Choose ankle length leggings as they elongate the leg better than cropped styles.
- Look for a smooth fit around the hips and butt. Avoid side or back pockets and zippers which add bulk.
- A high waist-band will suck you in, holding your tummy in for a smooth and streamlined look.
- Always choose a tight and snug fit for a smooth and slimming effect. Nothing should feel loose or saggy.
Pointe Leggings, $49 CAD, White House Black Market
Pencil Me In Legging, $198 CAD, Kit and Ace
TNA Stride Pant, $60 CAD, Aritzia
Knit Leggings, $47.63 CAD, Madewell
Ivanka Trump Slimming Leggings, $59.99 CAD, The Bay
Follow Jan on Twitter